Letter from the President of iD
My name is Pete Ingram-Cauchi. We began iD Tech Camps in 1999—my mother, my father, my sister, and I. We got our start in a tiny studio above a garage in the hills above Silicon Valley. We worked 7 days a week, earned no salaries, had no financing, but we believed in the idea of awesome technology education (something lacking in schools). We drove brochures around from school to school, trying to get the word out about our programs. And then the dot com bubble burst. We nearly folded. But we didn’t fold. We persevered. Word got out. And word spread more than we had ever thought possible. Today, we’re the largest technology camp in the world. More students enroll at iD Tech Camps than any other summer computer camp. This is a fact. Here are some of the things I am most proud of:
- We evolve our programs each season. As the world’s #1 tech camp, our mission is to innovate. Check out what’s new for this year.
- We guarantee 8 students per instructor. This fosters personalized 1-on-1 instruction. Imagine if your school had an 8:1 ratio. How much would your student learn?
- We have launched an awesome learning platform called iD Game Plan. It is the new gamified engine that runs iD Tech Camps, iD Gaming Academy, iD Programming Academy, iD Visual Arts Academy, and iD Tech 365.
- We’re on our way to planting 1,000,000 trees via our own initiative, OneCamperOneTree.org. We’re working with the Arbor Day Foundation to make this happen.
- We’ve been entrusted to host our programs at over 60 of the top Universities in the country. Giving students an introduction to the college environment? Priceless.
- Our summer courses and year-round learning service are built from top-tier products from Adobe®, Minecraft™, Microsoft®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Ubisoft®, Valve®, and more. We’re teaching real-world STEM skills which engage students and encourage them to do something BIG.
- Our focus on safety and risk management is job #1. We’ve never lost sight of this. Learn more at the iD Difference.
We thank you for your belief and your trust. Time and time again, you believed in us—perhaps even more than we believed in ourselves. You are the iD Nation! Let’s do this.
We’d love to hear from you. Phone toll free 1-888-709-TECH (8324), option 1 or 1-408-871-2227, option 1. Or email info@internalDrive.com. If you’d like to request a catalog, click here. On behalf of my family and my entire team, I welcome you to the iD Family.
Pete Ingram-Cauchi – President